Friday, May 8, 2009

Day 1

Today was Day 1.

I hadn't done as much research as I should have, and my water fast also included Lipton's Diet Greeen Tea. I don't believe that will cause me any issues, but I am moving to a strict water-only fast tomorrow.

I walked the beach for about 1 1/2, all the way to the end. I sat and meditated. I enjoyed the sights, smells, and sounds of the ocean. My parents had gone to lunch. I told them I ate already.

I did the same at dinner. I don't feel that anyone would understand my fast, and I feel that everyone would tell me how unhealthy it is. But why? What is unhealthy about it? Nature and God set us up this way. We store fat to protect ourselves in times of famine. It is the way we were created. In this day and age, there is no famine, so the storing just continues and continues. Can you imagine bears, who store fat for the winter hibernation, no longer need to hibernate and just continue to store fat? We would have a world full of morbidly obese bears.

No, for now I keep this to myself. Which makes it harder, but also easier, as no one will be constantly trying to get me to eat.

I feel pretty good today. I had the energy for a walk, which was great. No real hunger pangs, I just drank water or tea if I felt anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment