Monday, May 25, 2009

Fast 2 Day 2

196.2 lbs. So glad to see the scale moving the other way again.

Yesterday was surprisingly easy. How funny, that I find it so much simpler to NOT eat rather than to watch my portion sizes. Eating really makes me want more food. Go figure.

Yesterday I had 2 small teaspoons of honey and cayenne pepper to assist in metabolism and to give my body a little sugar. I mostly used the honey to mask the cayenne since I've tried it in just water and had to toss it out. It's not so bad in the master cleanse recipe (with syrup and lemon), but it's wretched in water.

I'm also trying to ease on the drinking water. From what I've read some advocate drinking lots of water, while others just want to your satisfy your thirst, and water doesn't "flush" toxins. So last fast I drank lots and lots (especially to help with hunger), so this one I'll try less water and only drink when thirsty or to satiate hunger.

It's a little disappointing to think that it's going to take me about a week to get rid of the weight I just regained. I realize what I did wrong. I fantasized about what I would eat, and I completely ignored the raw eating. This time I'm going to NOT daydream about all the food I'm going to eat, and I'm going to eat fruits and veggies as long as I can before slowly bringing back some traditional food.

1 comment:

  1. I have the exact same problem! I'm obsessive by nature, I can either obsess and not eat at all, or I can eat a little and then start obsessively over eating. I can't control portions or stop myself once I start, but if I never start, the cravings never come. It's so weird.

    Your blog has been a big help and a huge inspiration to me. I'm on day 7 of a fast right now, and I read through all your enteries and they gave me a lot of hope and strength.

    Hope all is well with you and please keep posting! I enjoy reading your entries :)

    ReplyDelete