Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day 3

202 lbs this afternoon!

That's 4.8 lbs in 3 days. Woot!

Last night and this morning were very rough on me. Even though I was exhausted, I just couldn't find sleep. I don't know if I was just restless from my backache, or if it was a symptom of the fast, but I slept very little last night.

I also felt very weak, similar to when you've had a really nasty cold and stayed in bed a couple of days and then you try to get up. Kind of weak, woozy, and tired. I don't buy the toxins being released idea so much. I really just think it's my body figuring out how to switch from main power to its generator for energy. There are some power surges and outages until it works the kinks out.

The hunger is just a dull ache occasionally. I think it's more about remembering foods than actually desiring them. It's so fascinating to realize how little my body actually requires, and how our lifestyle has created the need to satiate every little whim. If my tummy felt a little rumble or asked for food, I would have immediately gone and inspected the fridge or pantry. The instant gratification I gave my hunger is what led me to this weight. How unnecessary it turned out to be.

After getting up early to get my mom flowers, I took a short nap and I must say that did help quite a bit. I am still a little fatigued and weak, but not nearly as bad as this morning.

I found myself thinking about food nonstop in bed, but again, it wasn't desirous. It was very strange.

My thirst has also subsided a bit. I was quenching my hunger pangs with glasses of water before, and I find that isn't as necessary today.

I still have the BBQ to test me today. I purchased some Orbit sugar free gum while at the store because I had funky breath and I wanted to chew something. Hopefully chewing gum will keep people from pushing booze and food on me, and give me an out.

All in all, if the fatigue and wooziness goes away tomorrow or the next, I will be very happy with how it's going.

Update: Simply fascinating. 200 lbs as of 6 pm. The weight just melts right off. I'm sure most is water weight, but I know once I get into double-digit losses that there can be no doubt. Still not dying of hunger or anything, kind of longing for some food though. Still very fatigued and weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment